Students will walk away with a solid understanding of how to implement a Continuous Integration (CI) environment with Jenkins, including:
- Setting up a production-grade instance of a Jenkins server, complete with automated builds, tests, code quality audits and reports.
- Integrating Jenkins with other tools in the development environment, such as issue tracking systems and source code browsers.
- Learning the additional features available in the CloudBees Jenkins Platform.
- Java developers of all levels
- Software architects
- Technical project managers
- Build managers
- Development and QA engineers
The course is modular, flexible and highly interactive, with extensive hands-on examples. The course roughly breaks into 50% theory and 50% practical content.
- CI & CD Fundamentals
- Jenkins Overview
- CloudBees Introduction (Lab 1: Installing the lab environment)
- Jenkins Jobs/Projects (Lab 2: Creating a Freestyle build job / Lab 3: Creating a Maven build job)
- Build Status (Lab 4: Displaying test results)
- Jobs Organization
- Plugin Management (Lab 5: Creating an integration tests build)
- Working With SCM Lab 6: Integrating with a source repository browser
- Code Quality & Code Coverage Metrics ( Lab 7: Code quality metrics / Lab 8: Code coverage metrics )
- Parameterized Builds (Lab 9: Parameterized builds)
- Automated Deployments (Lab 10. Automatic deployments to Tomcat)
- Folders & Folders Plus (Lab 11: Job Organization and Security with Folders)
- Validated Merge for GitHub (Lab 12: Validated merge)
- Pull-Request Buildder for GitHub
- Templates (Lab 13: Templates)
- Workflow (Lab 14. Workflow)
- Introduction to CloudBees Jenkins Operation Center (CJOC)
Course price: £795 excl. VAT