Students will walk away with a solid understanding of how to implement a Continuous Integration (CI) environment with Jenkins, including:
- Setting up a production-grade instance of a Jenkins server, complete with automated builds, tests, code quality audits and reports.
- Integrating Jenkins with other tools in the development environment, such as issue tracking systems and source code browsers.
- Learning the additional features available in the CloudBees Jenkins Platform.
- Learning administration of Jenkins instances, such as scripted maintenance, security and slave administration.
- Understanding how to monitor the Jenkins instance to ensure high availability and how logging is applied.
- Analyses of the Jenkins instance to provide metric information on job failure rates, or how the master/slaves are performing.
- Java developers of all levels
- Software architects
- Technical project managers
- Build managers
- Development and QA engineers
- Build managers and engineers
- System Administrators
- DevOps engineers
The course is modular, flexible and highly interactive, with extensive hands-on examples. The course roughly breaks into 50% theory and 50% practical content.
- CI & CD Fundamentals
- Jenkins Overview
- CloudBees Introduction (Lab 1: Installing the lab environment)
- Jenkins Jobs/Projects (Lab 2: Creating a Freestyle build job / Lab 3: Creating a Maven build job)
- Build Status (Lab 4: Displaying test results)
- Jobs Organization
- Plugin Management (Lab 5: Creating an integration tests build)
- Working With SCM Lab 6: Integrating with a source repository browser
- Code Quality & Code Coverage Metrics ( Lab 7: Code quality metrics / Lab 8: Code coverage metrics )
- Parameterized Builds (Lab 9: Parameterized builds)
- Automated Deployments (Lab 10. Automatic deployments to Tomcat)
- Folders & Folders Plus (Lab 11: Job Organization and Security with Folders)
- Validated Merge for GitHub (Lab 12: Validated merge)
- Pull-Request Buildder for GitHub
- Templates (Lab 13: Templates)
- Workflow (Lab 14. Workflow)
- Introduction to CloudBees Jenkins Operation Center (CJOC)
- Introduction to CI & CD
- Introduction to CloudBees Jenkins Platform (CJP)
- CloudBees Enterprise Jenkins (CJE)
- Command-Line Interface (Lab 1: Command-Line Interface)
- Distributed Builds (Lab 2: Distributed Builds)
- CloudBees Jenkins Operations Center (CJOC)
- Client Masters
- Shared Slaves (Lab 3: CloudBees Jenkins Operations Center (CJOC)-Client Master and Shared Slave)
- Security (Lab 4: Security)
- Access Control with RBAC Plugin (Lab 5: Access Control with RBAC Plugin)
- High Availability (HA)
- Backup Scheduling (Lab 7: Backup Scheduling)
- Monitoring (Lab 8: Monitoring)
- Nodes Plus (Lab 9: Nodes Plus)
- Fast Archiver (Lab 10: Fast Archiver)
- Pull-Request Builder for GitHub (Lab 11: Pull-Request Builder for GitHub)
- Custom Update Center (Lab 12: Custom Update Centers for CloudBees Jenkins Operations Center)
- NIO SSH Slaves (Lab 13: NIO SSH Slaves)
- Even Scheduler (Lab 14: Event Scheduler)
- CloudBees Jenkins Analytics (Lab 15: CloudBees Jenkins Analytics)
- Cluster Operations (Lab 16: Cluster Operations)
- CloudBees Support (Lab 17: CloudBees Support)
Course price: £1,095 excl. VAT