This is an official HashiCorp 1-day training course.
This is a comprehensive course aimed at users who desire an in-depth exploration of Consul including service discovery, monitoring, and best practices for using Consul at scale. Experience with Consul is not required, but preferred.
Developers and operators who are writing or supporting microservices.
This is a comprehensive, engineerled course aimed at users who desire an indepth exploration of Consul including service discovery, monitoring, and best practices for using Consul at scale. Experience with Consul is not required, but preferred. The training will cover the following topics:
- Consul overview and architecture
- Bootstrapping a Consul cluster
- Understanding techniques for service discovery
- Creating servicelevel and nodelevel health checks with Consul
- Differentiating Consul’s monitoring from traditional monitoring (like Nagios)
- Using Consul’s distributed keyvalue store
- Using Consul tools like Consul Template and Envconsul to build reactive infrastructure
- WIFI and SSHenabled device with a Terminal
- Modern Internet browser such as Firefox, Chrome, or Safari
- Ability to connect to the public Internet unrestricted (no proxies or firewalls)
Course price: £800 excl. VAT
This course is also available as part of the HashiCorp Training Bundle (£2,900+VAT).
This bundle includes the Building Resilient Applications with Consul course, as well as Modern Infrastructure with Terraform, Building Secure Applications with Vault and Intermediate Vault.